I usually wait few weeks before installing any service pack in production.
This usually pays off, and it sure did.
Today Microsoft announced that they have a bug in this service pack where your product will be seen as a trial after installation of the service pack 2.
Now, if you are planning to upgrade to SharePoint SP2, I just want to point out some useful facts and links about it:
- Install WSS 3.0 SP2
- Install MOSS 2007 SP2
- At the end of the upgrade you would need to reactivate the product by re-entering the key in Central Admin following the instructions on this KB971620 or wait for the hot fix.
- To have a complete install you would need to upgrade the Office client to SP2
- SharePoint Designer 2007 has a SP2 too.
- For Developers there is a new WSS SDK v1.5 and MOSS 2007 SDK v1.5
- If you are using Nintex Workflow then you would need to upgrade to at least Build 10904 of Nintex Workflow that have some fixes for SP2.
- Microsoft Recommends to install XP SP3 or Vista SP2 (not yet public)